Friday 7 July 2017

The Raven Boys (Quotes)



 
As I promised I made a The Raven Cycle Quote Collection! Some are from Goodreads, some are from my reading journal, written while reading. I hope you enjoy it, as much as I enjoyed writing it.

I love TRC and EVERYONE knows it. I mean I’m telling everyone at any time possible, so of course I created this little quote collection, which will be separated into the four books, so you’ll know where to find them. Every Friday there will be a collection of the book's quotes. Today we have THE RAVEN BOYS!
It’s spoilery people … but worth it, I promise. ANd it has been beautiful, to dive into this world again ... I mean I read every book twice and it is only the middle of 2017! I'll probably reread it again!


The Raven Boys

“’My words are uneering tools of destruction, and I’ve come unequipped with the ability to disarm them.’” – Gansey
“If I were a tree, I would have no reason to love humans.” – Blue
“’You are being self-pitying’
‘I’m nearly done. You don’t have much more of this to bear.’
‘I like you better this way’
‘Crushed and broken’, Gansey said. ‘Just the way women like ‘em’” – conversation between Blue and Gansey.
“They were always walking away from him. But he never seemed able to walk away from them.”
“Ronan said, ‘I’m always straight’
Adam replied, ‘Oh, man, that’s the biggest lie you’ve ever told.’”
“’Fate’, Blue replied, glowering at her mother, ‘is a very weighty word to throw around before breakfast’”
“She recognized the strange happiness that came from loving something without knowing why you did, that strange happiness that was sometimes so big that it felt like sadness.” – Blue
“A dreamer is one who only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.” – Oscar Wild
“People shout when they don’t have the vocabulary to whisper.” Gansey or one of Gansey’s parents.
“Truth be told, he wasn’t very good at flying a helicopter, despite several lessons. He seemed to lack the important ability to orient himself vertically as well as horizontally, which led to disagreements involving trees.” – Gansey’s thoughts about himself and flying helicopters
“Sometimes, some rare times, a secret stays undiscovered because it is something too big for a mind to hold. It’s to vast, too terrifying to contemplate.”




No comments:

Post a Comment