Wednesday 5 July 2017

Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag



Created by ReadLikeWildfire and Earl Grey Books and nope I didn't get tagged, but WHO CARES, I did it anyway because it sounds cool - but I'm tagging EVERYONE who reads this here, and some people on Instagram of course.


Best book you’ve read so far in 2017.
There are so many, so I’ll just mention my favs right now … I mean, asking to choose only ONE book is really mean – yeah
- The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater
- Aristotle and Dante discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz
- Six of Crows duology by Leigh Bardugo
- The Wrath and the Dawn duology by Reneé Ahdieh

Best sequel you've read so far in 2017.
I’ll mention only sequels in duologies.
- Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
- The Rose and the Dagger by Reneé Ahdieh

New release you haven't read yet, but want to.
There is ONE book I NEED to read!
- When Dimple met Rishi by Sandhya Menon

Most anticipated release for the second half of the year.
Guys, three of my favourite authors are releasing new books!!!
- Reunited by Colleen Houck (man, I’ve been waiting for this one since summer last year – release date: 8th August 2017)
- All the Crooked Saints by Maggie Stiefvater (YAAAAAS!! – release date: 10th October 2017)
- Language of Thornes by Leigh Bardugo (Did you see the cover? It’s awesome - release date: 26th September 2017)

Biggest disappointment.
Thankfully there hasn’t been a single book that really disappointed me, because the books I didn’t like, where the ones I hadn’t have my hopes up for, in the first place, and the ones I wanted to read so badly, turned out to be awesome.

Biggest surprise.
Two bookstagrammers I really care about, told me to read it and I wasn’t sure about it. But I bought it and I devoured it! IT WAS AWESOME
- Aristotle and Dante discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz
And
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

Favourite new author. (Debut or new to you)
- Leigh Bardugo
Read the SoC duology and bought the Grisha Trilogy
- Maggie Stiefvater
Well of course, if I bought the whole Raven Cycle Series in German, too …

Newest fictional crush.
Kaz Brekker. Oh, and Rhysand … OHHH and Kell from ADSOM … I’m in love with him, like honestly hahaha

Newest favourite character.
Rhy Maresh and Lila Bard

Book that made you cry.
ACOWAR … thank you Sarah J. Maas, thank you very much

Book that made you happy.
- The Raven Cycle does. Whenever I’m sad I reread the Raven Cycle and I’m done with being sad. Oh, and ACOMAF

Favourite book to film adaptation you saw this year.
Haven’t seen any yet I think.

Favourite review you've written this year.
The book talks I did for the ACOTAR series and the booktalk/bookrecommendation for the SoC duology

Most beautiful book you've bought so far this year (or received)
The German edition of The Rose and the Dagger

What books do you need to read by the end of the year? You want a list? No? Okay then …
- When Dimple met Rishi, the Grisha Trilogy and The Star Touched Queen AND Reunited by Colleen Houck, ‘cause I simply need to know how this trilogy is going to end!

No comments:

Post a Comment