Friday 28 July 2017

The Raven King (Quotes)

The Raven King

“But trusting someone and confiding in them are not the same thing.” – Adam
“’I suppose … she makes me quiet.’” – Gansey
“’How do I know I love her? Because I can sleep after I talk to her.’” – Gansey
“Forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit.” („… and perhaps it will please (us) one day to remember these things)
“Wanting to live, but accepting death to save others: that was courage.”
“His feelings for Adam were an oil spill; he’d let them overflow and now there wasn’t a damn place in the ocean that wouldn’t catch fire if he dropped a match.”
“He was a book, and eh was holding his final pages, and he wanted to get to the end to find out how it went, and he didn’t want it to be over.”
“Adam smiled cheerily. Ronan would start wars and burn cities for that true smile, elastic and amiable.”
“The head is too wise. The heart is all fire.”
“’No homework. I got suspended,’ Blue replied.
‘Get the fuck out,” Ronan said, but with admiration. ‘Sargent, you asshole.’
Blue reluctantly allowed him to bump fists with her as Gansey eyed her meaningfully in the rear-view mirror.
Adam swivelled the other way in his seat – to the right, instead of to the left, so that he was peering around the far side of the headrest. It made him look as if he were hiding, but Blue knew it was just because it turned his hearing ear instead of his deaf ear towards them. ‘For what?’
‘Emptying another student’s backpack over his car. I don’t really want to talk about it.’
‘I do,’ Ronan said.
‘Well, I don’t. I’m not proud of it.’
Ronan patted her leg. ‘I’ll be proud for you.’
“’To think you could have been dreaming the cure for cancer,’ Blue said.
‘Look, Sargent,’ Ronan retorted, ‘I was gonna dream you some eye cream last night since clearly modern medicine’s doing jack shit for you, but I nearly had my ass handed to me by a death snake from the fourth circle of dream hell, so you’re welcome.’
Blue was appropriately touched. ‘Ah, thanks, man.’
‘No problem, bro.’”
“Making Ronan Lynch smile felt as charged as making a bargain with Cabeswater. These were not forces to play with.” – Adam
“’I don’t care to be pretty,’ Blue shot back hotly, ‘I care to look on the outside like I look on the inside.’”
“’Where the hell is Ronan?’ Gansey asked, echoing the words that thousands of humans had uttered since mankind developed speech.”
“I’m not asking him to stay, Ronan thought. Only to come back.”
“And here was Ronan, like a heart attack that never stopped.” – Adam
“’Trees in your eyes. Stars in your heart.’”
“Adam lived in an apartment located above the office of St. Agnes Catholic Church, a fortuitous combination that focused most of the objects of Ronan’s worship into one downtown block.”
“The ocean burned.” (just … omg)
“’Wake up, you bastard," he said. ‘You fucker. I can't believe that you would ...’
And he began to cry.”
“The choice was death or hurting Adam, which wasn’t much of a choice at all.”
“‘I thought I was hallucinating,’ Adam said, next to the lockers, an announcement droning on over the hall speakers. ‘Ronan Lynch in the halls of Aglionby.’
Ronan slammed his locker. He had not put anything in it and had no reason to open or close it, but he liked the satisfying bang of the metal down the hall, the way it drowned out the announcements. He did it again for good measure. ‘Is this a real conversation, Parrish?’
Adam didn’t bother to reply. He merely exchanged three textbooks for his gym hoodie.
Ronan wrenched his tie loose. ‘You working after school?’
‘With a dreamer.’
He held Ronan’s gaze over his locker door.
School had improved.
Adam gently closed his locker. ‘I’m done at four thirty. If you’re up for brainstorming some repair of your dream forest. Unless you have homework.’
‘Asshole,’ Ronan said.
Adam smiled cheerily. Ronan would start wars and burn cities for that true smile, elastic and amiable.” (yep, I wrote the last part already, but MAN this scene is everything)
“The better he got to know her, the more it felt like he did when he was swimming. There stopped being dissonant versions of him. There was only Gansey, now, now, now.”
“If you can't be unafraid, be afraid and happy.” – Henry
“There are fates worse than death.”
“You can’t compare one person’s coping capacity to another, hon.”
“They were young and loud and triumphant, and the Kings of Henrietta.”


So that’s it for the TRC MONTH! And guys, I literally teared up while writing those again. Some of them are copied from Goodreads, but others are typed up. These quotes make me want to read this series a THIRD time … I’m a mess … bye – lots of love

No comments:

Post a Comment